Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Thursday's Devotion




http://www.123glitter.com/comments-graphics/

"The Half Has Never Been Told"
"...behold, the half was not told me: thy wisdom and
prosperity exceedeth the fame which I heard." I Kings 10:7b
The Queen of Sheba was "blown away" by the magnificence
of King Solomon's greatness and wealth. She was even moved
by the demeanor or conduct of his soldiers and servants. She
had heard of his exploits and wisdom, but she had to exclaim,
"...the half was not told me:"
Our finite minds are incapable of cnceiving what our eyes
will behold and our hearts will experience when Heaven's grand
portals are first gained by our redeemed lives. Whether by the
rapture or via the grave, our access to Heaven and the opening
vistas of delight will undoubtedly be mind-boggling. And yet, as
a child of God, we'll be Home, comfortable, and surrounded by
the loving embrace of loved ones who have gone before, and
buoyed by the smile of His matchless face. We will not be
strangers in that "fair land beyond the river."
The Apostle Paul said it this way, "...Eye hath not seen, nor
ear heard, neither hath entered into the heart of man, the things
which God hath prepared for them that love him (I Cor. 2:9).
Now let me try! Every preacher who ever preached and
described Heaven and its majesty would have their muliplied
hearers seem as deaf compared to Glory's wonders. If every
artist since the dawn of time could gather and paint Heaven's
grandeur, it would appear like a sketch of a toddler compared to
its glories. And if every imagination could be piqued to the limit,
it would be like a blank screen of nothingness in comparison to
Heaven's half that could never be told. I'm kind of homesick...
(Isaiah 64:4).
I have often marveled at that. Can you imagine!..... no wait you can't.
~Amy

1 comment:

Kristi said...

I love reading about Heaven and what our minds can not even imagine. When I think of all that Heaven is to me and what my HEART CAN'T even DREAM of, it's humbling to know that I have been given a place there.

~Kristi