Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Tuesday's Devotion

"The Double Cure"

"Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases" Pslam 103:3

Sam Hadley was a converted drunkard. He was giving his

testemony one night of how God had saved him and also gelivered

him from the desire to drink whiskey the same day. After the me-

eting a physician, a lady, came up to him and said , "I enjoyed the

meeting, but don't ever say what you said again. I am a doctor, a

graduate of such-and-such school, and I know you can never be saved

from the desire to drink whiskey. Drinking works on the stomach

until the stomach is just ulcerated, and there is no possible cure

within six months and sometimes years and possibly never." She

reiterated, "Don't ever say that you are--I don't say dishonest--but

you are simply fooled."

Sam said, "Whell, hallelujah!"

She said, "What is the matter with you?"

He shouted again, "Hallelujah!"

She said, "Are you a fool?"

He returned, "Praise the Lord!"

She said, "What is the matter with you?"

"Well," Sam said, "I knew God gave me a new heart. I never

knew before that He gave me a new stomach!"

The old song, ROCK OF AGES, says, "Be of sin the

double cure, save from wrath and make me pure.:

"Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old

things are passed away; behold, all things are become new."

(II Cor. 5:17).


1 comment:

Kristi said...

This is the one Bruce and I got tickled at the other day. Figures it would be a mouthy, know-it-all woman, huh?

~Kristi